Have you been putting off a home remodeling project? Many homeowners have, but we think that 2017 might be the ideal time to remodel.
Why Remodel Now? Here are 5 Reasons:
1. Low interest rates. Interest rates are still pretty low, but are predicted to rise in the months ahead. If you’re thinking of refinancing or using a home equity loan for your project, remodeling now can help you get the long-term value of lower monthly payments. Many homeowners like to put home upgrade expenses on credit cards that offer them reward points (or cash back), which can be a win-win opportunity. Start today to get those fresh new updates you’ve been dreaming about for years AND use those points to treat yourself later!
2. Your changing lifestyle. Admit it, your lifestyle has changed in the last few years: maybe you have an expanding family (or an empty nest), a busier-than-ever routine, and you’re using your home spaces in ways than you couldn’t have imagined when you bought the house. There’s no better time than this year to use those lifestyle changes as a guide to make your home what you want – and need – it to be today!
3. Lower maintenance costs. Home remodeling projects that include replacing windows can make a huge difference in the cost of heating and cooling your home. You don’t have to focus exclusively on energy-specific projects, however, to see savings. For example, if you’re planning a home addition or whole-house remodel, it’s the ideal time to think about ways to incorporate new, lower maintenance materials and energy-efficient construction techniques when choosing insulation, roofing, siding, as well as new doors and windows that are properly installed and sealed. Making smart changes now can pay you back with lower energy and maintenance costs for years to come.
4. Great new options. There are so many terrific new options on the market for almost everything! With countertops, for example, you now have your pick of everything from granite, quartz, or solid surfaces to glass and even amazingly high-style concrete. You can take advantage of all the new “smart home” features and appliances that are increasingly affordable compared to even a few years ago. Control your lights, window shades, even your oven from your phone!
5. A higher “daily dividend.” Many people put off remodeling until they’ve decided to sell their home. But if you do it sooner rather than later, it adds to the “daily dividend of enjoyment” you get from that remodeling project. For example, if you’re thinking of selling your home in the next five to eight years, doing a kitchen remodel now lets you enjoy a beautiful design and better livability in the meantime, instead of suffering with a cramped, outdated kitchen until just before you put your house on the market. Some homeowners put off the remodel because they don’t want the kitchen to look dated for resale. The fact is, a good remodeling job will add to the value of your home and, with smart choices about design, appliances and fixtures, a kitchen remodel can still look fresh when it’s time to sell the home.
At Diamond Builders of America, we always strive to help our clients get the absolute most from their remodeling budgets. And right now, your budget can, in fact, buy you more than it may be able to do even a few months from now. So if you’ve had a project in mind, give us a call and let’s take a look at what we can do!